The SGIR has sessions at the Eastern and Pacific APA in 2023.
In 2024 we will hold sessions at the American Philosophical Association (Eastern APA, Central APA, Pacific APA), German Studies Association, and begin our Virtual Lecture Series
The call for abstracts for the 2024 annual SGIR conference at the University of Cambridge on Philosophy of Art and Aesthetic Normativity will be posted here in the coming months. Please check back later or become a member for updates on these events.
The Society for German Idealism and Romanticism is pleased to sponsor a conference on "The Persistence of Crisis within Hegel’s Speculative Reason," organised by Gregor Schäfer at the University of Basel. The call for abstracts is below.
Dates: Thursday-Friday, September 28-29, 2023
Angelica Nuzzo, City University of New York
Andrew Buchwalter, University of North Florida
Félix Duque, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
• Anonymized abstracts in English or German—of around 300-500 words (in an attached file)—on any aspect of this thematic issue will be accepted until April 30, 2023 to: email@example.com.
• Applicants, additionally, should include a short cv in the body of the email.
• The contributions will be selected on the base of a peer-review process; decisions will be communicated till May 15, 2023.
• The slots attributed to each selected presentation and the discussions will be of approximately 1 h (further details will follow after the selection process).
• A financial support for selected participants, up to a certain amount, is intended (applicants, however, meanwhile should be prepared for a funding by their institutions or other means; further details will follow after the selection process).
• A publication of the elaborated outcomes of the workshop is planned. For more detail on the theme of the conference visit the conference website directly:
2023 Call for Abstracts
University of Basel
Copyright © Society for German Idealism & Romanticism. All rights reserved.
The "Society for German Idealism & Romanticism" is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.